Oct 21, 2009

There must be something wrong with me.

So, I’m listening to the radio this morning when I hear the snippet of a song. Thing is I like the snippet I hear and in relatively short order I’m able to track down the tune. I’ve got a special place in my heart for certain kinds of music, give me a group with a good female lead singer and a catchy melody and I’m hooked (one of the reasons I really wound up liking bands like The Breeders, Veruca Salt and others.

This tune is really poppy though and I like it a lot. It’s total bubblegum music or at least what was referred to as bubblegum music when I was a kid.



So, I listened a bunch of times and kept thinking how there was something in the hook that sounded like a song I had heard before. This happens to me a lot... well, not a lot but when it does it bugs the hell out of me until I can figure out what other tune is being referenced in the cobwebs of my brain (I’m still trying to figure out what the song is that the theme from Futurama keeps reminding me of).

Today though, I got lucky. I listened a bunch of times and I think I’ve figured it out. So after you listen to the tune above listen to this oldie but goodie below and tell me whether or not you don’t think the two are slightly related.

1 comment:

Peter said...

In an unrelated comment, man was I in love with that chick from the Bangles. She was smoking hot.